Table of contents
What is logic?
In Netigate you have the option to use logic to control the flow of your questions and, thereby, personalise your surveys for the respondents. Some of the features depend on your license type. If you have questions, please contact your Netigate account manager.
Where to add logic?
You add logic in the edit mode of your survey. We strongly recommend that you finish the set-up of your entire survey before you add logic to it. In the edit mode, you can see the logic symbol in two places: on page level and on question level.
This is the logic symbol in the upper right corner of the page, next to the name of the page. You use this logic-button when you want to affect entire pages (several questions can be on one page) with your logic. This includes, for example:
- That you want to set conditions which cause the respondent to jump to a different page
- That you want to trigger notifications
- That you want the respondent to jump to a URL if specific conditions are fulfilled
- If you want to hide the page when certain conditions are met
You can see the logic symbol also directly in the upper right corner of each individual question. The logic here affects only that specific question, not the entire page. You can use this logic button when you want to
- Hide a specific question or a specific answer option of that question depending on specific answers the respondent is giving
- Disable a specific question or specific answer option of that question
How to use logic?
To read about some concrete examples on how to use logic, please visit our specific logic articles:
- Survey logic – Hide questions in a survey
- Survey logic – Notify
- Survey logic — Jump to page in a survey