Overview – Report
What is Report?
The report is where you can view your results of your survey. It displays all incoming answers in real time and you can follow the result as they are registered.
Watch a short tutorial video:
Where do I find Report?
You can access you survey report in two different ways. You will need to be in the“See result or edit survey“ to be able to acces the report.
- Go to the survey that you wish to view the results for and just click the name of the survey and you will access the report.
- You can access the report directly by clicking the button “Click here to go to survey report“-button on the right side, under the options of that specific survey ().
What can I do in Report?
The first thing you will see when viewing the result in the insight platform is the information at the top of the page, this will always be here regardless of what type of survey you have done.
On the top row you will get some valuable insight regarding the survey, Days left and live, amount of answers (absolute numbers and percentage) and amount of completes (the amount of respondents that completed the survey).
Below that you will find the different tools at our disposal when working with the result. This toolbar will also follow you if you scroll down to view the result so that you will not have to scroll back to the top to use any of the functions.
- Reset – Restore the report to create a new filter or breakdown in the survey. You can read more about Reset here.
- Save & Load – Save new or manage existing reports in this survey. Read more about Save and Load.
- Share – Share your saved reports with colleagues, management groups, or customers directly from the system. You can read more about Share here.
- Export – Download your report to different formats. Read more about Export.
- Filter – Filter your result on different time periods, for example a certain month, week or 5 day period. You can also view your different series you have created, or remove existing filters from this menu.
- Add Series – Click “Add series”to add additional columns to your results to work on comparing your results based on various queries and response options in the survey (You can read more about our “Add series” and cross tabulation functions here).
- Show hidden – Click here to view the questions you have chosen to hide in your report.
- Presentation – Click this to enter a presentation mode of your survey results in your browser. A great way to display the results immediately, without having to export any data!
- Settings – Different settings for how the results appear in your report. Read more about Settings.
When viewing the result of a question
When you look at the outcome of a question, you will always see the different options the respondent had to provide an answer and the number of answers in absolute numbers and percentages. The total number of answers for the entire question will also appear below the last option.
A graph is created automatically, based on your question. You can very easily change the graph by clicking the arrows that appear on each side of the graph as you hover over it.
Up in the right corner are two icons as well:
If you click on this crossed out eye, you choose to hide the question. It will not be displayed if, for example, you share the report with someone. To undo this setting, click “Show hidden” in the toolbar and then click on the eye-icon again: the query will reappear.
The gear symbol allows you to edit the appearance of questions and graphs, such as to change graph types and colors or add text and charts to display the results of this specific question over time.
When you click on the gear, you can add new items. An object can be a new chart, a table, or just a textbox into which you can write an explanatory text about the question and its results. You can also expand the width of the existing objects by clicking on the two arrows pointing to each other and add text to a chart or question by clicking the T symbol. You can also change the graph type by clicking on the little graph symbol. To delete an item, click the trash symbol.
In the top right corner of this menu, there are additional options: the left button allows us to reset the options in alphabetical order instead of the order in which they were created. Click the color palette to change graph colors in this specific question. The symbol to hide the question is also displayed in this mode, and the cross allows you to close the edit mode.
Open text answers
All open questions are displayed by default in the form of a word cloud. Here you can hide questions from the report as well as edit the word cloud.
By clicking on one of the words in the word cloud, you can see how many times the specific word has been used in the answers. Here, you get the options to hide the word from this particular word cloud or to include this answer in the report. You can also use the words as filter and show only the answers that contain the specific word or no answers that contain that specific word.
If you have weighted questions in your survey, averages and a standard deviation is shown directly in the results. (See examples in the image below.)
The standard deviation is a measure of the deviation from the mean in a series of values. The greater the spread of the registered answers, the greater is the standard deviation value. The deviation is a simple calculation of the average values of all responses based on the weights you have submitted to the question.
If you have a NPS question marked in your survey, it will be displayed with its own presentation as standard in the report (see image below). In this, the number of “Detractors”, “Passives” and “Promoters” is presented alongside a total NPS value.
You can, of course, also edit this question type to change the graph type or to add other items.
To read more about NPS, click here.